Tuesday, September 24, 2013

End of Summer

Right before i came up to school i spent 2 weeks with my sister Allison and her family. I love them. I helped Allison with the kids while she was very very very pregnant. I got to help out at Natalie's 6th birthday party (it is NOT okay wit me that she is growing up, by the way.) which was adorable and 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' themed. and a bunch of other things. these kids. i can't. 
i honestly can't say how much i love these little wiggle worms. 
SO excited for little baby to have joined the family since i've come to school, but more on him later :)

here's a bunch of random pictures. what else do i post?


MY little twin, Natalie Jean Jumping bean. love her. 
this was at her birthday dinner. her shirt. "I wear this shirt periodically" she picked this out. 


her LEGIT birthday cake. Allison and I made this and i am so flipping proud of it. hahaha I painted the backgrounds, and then i did the wardrobe side and the lamp. Allison did the Narnia side! 




sadly, we left the cake out over night and ants got ALL over it. so we didn't eat this cake. luckily we had taken pictures with natalie and the cake the night before.
still a bummer.



Bub's tough face.


TELL ME JENNA'S CURLS ARE NOT THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER


that pout, though.


In other news, Caleb is slowly becoming an actual kid. he's three and he needs to stay that way, okay?

Also, on like one of the last nights at Allison's i slipped on a blanket and tripped up the stairs and fell right on the edge of one of the stairs with one shin. like, 100% of my body was in the air, and then all 100% of the force fell onto the edge of one stair via my right shin.
SO. PAINFUL.
I kind of yelped/gasped/shouted. well, i made a really weird sound. haha. Jenna was near me and her eyes got huge. she looked at me like she was gonna cry, so i tried not freak out too much while calling for Allison. i immediately grabbed my shin with both hands, applying pressure to distract me, i guess. Well, when Allison ran over, i lifted my hands away from my leg to see if i was bleeding and i was already swelling so badly that there were clear puffs formed into triangles fro the spaces inbetween my fingers. I was shaking and trying not to groan because Jenna looked waaaay freaked out, but i was crying. Allison helped me to the couch and then she ran to the kitchen to get a bag of ice. I gritted my teeth and pressed hard against the swollen skin to feel my actual shin bone, because i just wanted to make sure i hadn't broken it. It hurt to touch at all, and it was so swollen that i couldn't even feel my bone at all, so i didn't try. but i just figured if i had broken my bone, i would know.
the rest is kind of a blur of me trying not to let Jenna see my face, and then not being able to hide it because i was like, hot and sweaty and shaking. finally, the ice got the swelling down enough that i could feel my bone if i pressed hard enough. i knew i didn't break it, but for some reason i just HAD to feel it to be sure. 
that night, after the swelling had gone down considerably, thought to take a picture. 

this looks very mild. ha. but those two bumps were on the edges of a long red line that marked exactly where the edge of the stair hit. once my shi was numb from ice and medicine, my pinky toe was on FIRE. i hadn't noticed how swollen it was, or how tight the whole right side of my foot felt. I pulled on my toe (probably a dumb thing to do) and it popped back into what felt like a right place, and immediately my foot felt (well, not good but better) not...tight. if that makes sense. and since then, my toe will like, send a little tiny *sPREEEE* up through my foot. haha if that makes sense. like, it hurts every once and a while if i step weird. 

i should ave documented the rainbow progression of my bruise, but it was gross. haha and i HATE pictures of bruises. ugly and weird. but literally my shin has been every color possible in the past two weeks. and It's still really sensative in one area, i'm guessing the initial impact spot. the skin on my shin was like, ripped off, too, so the new skin is really shiny and sensitive and pink. 
kind of cool, over all, though.

it was an interesting addition to my Khazad-dum (which is a bridge in the LOTR, by the way) summer.


I went home a few days later, because i needed to pack and get all ready for school.
just so you know, my room and the bathroom right next to my room have been without power the whole summer, which was interesting. lots of candles and flashlights.


Finally, I replaced two beloved items of mine. My Rapunzel watch and my wallet.

I won a disney store gift card at a good friend's birthday party last summer and i used the money to buy a super cute purple rapunzel watch. BUT it's a child's watch. hahaha so it cuts off my circulation if i wear it too long. My grandpa gave me a new watch, so i was going to give this one to Natalie. Natalie wasn't too impressed with my old, torn up watch, but she thought it was cute because of rapunzel. haha. but then it broke! the insides just all fell out! sad day! so i retired it.


 and my wallet (on the left), that i got at the thrift store for like 25 cents, was ripping on the inside like crazy. i was worried that my debit card or license would fall out and i wouldn't even know. so i got a new one. the one on the right at same thrift store,  for 25 more cents. i like it.






SO LONG, KHAZAD-DUM SUMMER.
good riddance.
you were rough, but i learned a ton and that was the point, and your namesake. 


yesterday was the first official day of Fall and BOY, did i welcome it with open arms.
and now, i'm in Rexburg, Idaho and my heart is happy.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: