Tuesday, September 17, 2013

He came unto His own, and His own received Him not

I'm taking a class this semester about the first half of the New Testament. The four Gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I was reading today, and in John 1: 5, 9-11.

It lists a few things that Jesus has done for the world. Reasons why we all ought to rejoice in Him, shout His name, but points out that instead, He is rejected, ignored, inconvenient. I thought that was sad and ironic.

And then i wondered, "well i mean, do I rejoice in Him? Do I praise Him for the infinite things He has done for me? not as well as i should be. no, not really."

I want to recognize His hand in all that i do, and in the world. I want to have His light shine through me, I want to bear witness of Him. I want to know Him. receive Him into my heart.

I want to.
I will.
It is my newest and proudest goal.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: