Saturday, September 28, 2013

Since I've been in Rexburg

I've been in Rexburg for two weeks. it's been pretty slow. but here are the highlights:
Donny and Christine had a beautiful baby girl! Evelyn Kay Hansen. she is tiny and perfect and i love her! 


excuse all of our squinty eyes, the sun was really bright! Also, I LOVE that there are 3 sets of twins in this picture! how often does that happen?! Christine's two older brothers are twins, and 2 of mine are twins.  Christine's two very handsome Canadian cousins were also there, they're standing on a bench in the back.
too cool.

We stopped in Provo and picked up Derek on our way to Rexburg so that he could be there for the baby blessing. (by the way, a mormon baby blessing is just when the dad and his male family and/or best friends all stand at the front of the congregation, holding the baby and the dad says a prayer for the baby, pretty much welcoming him/her to the world. It's not a baptism or any kind of saving ordinance, it's just a sweet tradition.)


Derek braids rather well, actually.



Last Sunday I became friends with a praying Mantis in front of my apartment. It was good fun.

pure joy, i tell you




there have however, been a couple bumps:

 "The Day the Changed Our Lives Forever"
 puke.
okay, i really should not be making fun of it, it's a good idea.
This 'novel' is about 3 fictional BYU-Idaho students who were dramatically affected by last year's announcement that the age for missionary service in our church had been lowered. 
I WAS ALREADY WRITING A BOOK ABOUT IT 


It was the secret of all my secrets. I hadn't told anyone, mostly because i didn't want anyone to steal my idea -_-
and also because i felt like people would be like, "pfft, that's dumb."
mine was different though, it's the true story of me and four of my best friends from church. 
how our lives were turned upside down by the announcement, and the events that followed. I was going to be mostly about me, obviously. haha. actually it was mostly about me and Janelle. but Mary Elizabeth, Mallorie and Nicole had big parts, too. 
It was going to be made up mostly of journal entries, with the occasional omniscient viewpoint when two or more of us were involved. 
and it would have been flipping great and everyone would have dang loved it and they would have cried and laughed because we're hilarious. and there are boys in the story, which i mean come on, everyone loves a good bit of gush, right? and we're all like best friends but there are different dynamics. and there are twists, though predictable. 

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT

now i would just be a copycat.
i hate everyone.


on a lighter note, i ripped my pants on one of the first days of school. that was awesome.


 finally, the random things:

1) there is a BEAUTIFUL boy named Nick in my writing class. he is perfect. I decided to be brave and sit a couple seats away from him instead of across the room. So on the day i decided to, I got there early and sat two seats behind and one to the left of where he sits. and when he came, HE SAT RIGHT NEXT TO ME INSTEAD OF HIS NORMAL SPOT.
and he has a dimple and an adorable laugh. kill me. 
I also crept on him on facebook and he likes Superman more than Batman so i mean, we;re basically perfect for each other, obviously.

2) I was in the Crossroads (the school dining area) the other day and one of the WIFI options was "DOOM VIRUS". yeah, i didn't choose that one. didn't feel like triggering a nuclear explosion or something.


3) doing my math homework. thinking to myself, "wow, these numbers are getting huge, i hope i'm doing this right..." when suddenly:


nope. i was not doing it right. at all.

4) the Sherlock season premiere has been pushed back until late November
*cries*
so all i have to hold onto is this picture of John Watson's Mustache.



and the knights of the round table for good measure:



Tonight is the Relief Society Broadcast! Yay!
the Relief Society explained: here
the link to the live broadcast: here


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: