Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fanny Pack

"They say you can tell a lot about a woman by the contents of her purse, so uhmm, why do you have this in there? what is this, why do you even own this, what does it do? How do you use this?"

I was on a date months and months ago, and i was rummaging through my bag for my car key. couldn't find it so i dumped the contents of purse - in their embarrassing entirety - onto the roof of my date's car and sorted them until i finally found the key. the above quote is from the boy as he was examining my mascara. ha. his only sister is a lot younger than him and doesn't wear makeup yet so he was intrigued.

as i was packing to come to rexburg, i set my fanny pack aside because i knew it was already packed, as it always is. and then before i knew it i had dumped everything out and was taking pictures. so here you go:


my wallet (the old one):


 my wallet contains all of my ID and card things. money (hardly ever, haha) and exactly one picture of Jared Hughes as Horton the Elephant. i don't know why, there just is, okay? makes me happy.

Now let me explain the fanny pack system. 
i have my everyday fanny pack:
Her name is Franny, and she's technically my mom's. whateva. MINE NOW, MADRE. hahaha.


Then there's Charlie, the fancy pack. 
Derek gave me this one, for my 18th birthday. it has leather, so it was dubbed fancy. i wore it to prom like a champ, and before i got a purse i would take (not wear) it to church.


My Stallion Fanny Pack, 'Stal". It's purple and Jonathan got it for me for my 18th birthday.
I only wear it to Stallion things. So i haven't worn it in a while. It also only has one large pocket, so i don't wear it too often.

Then there's my "exercise fanny pack" that mah home skillet Zane Veater got me last summer on a whim. it looks exactly like this one, but purple. it is perfect for exercise and it's reflective, so i can wear it at night. and it holds my phone, deodorant and chapstick. it's like a mary Poppins bag! oh and it's name is "Pizza".


This is stan. my mountain climbing fanny pack. He has three pockets (2 zipped, 1 clipped) AND two stretchable water bottle holsters. heck yes. He also has a wide band, which i like because i feel safe that he won't fall off mid-hike! oh yeah, and a chapstick holder. Yeeeeees. Stan was my dad's. *was*


And Shakira :) 
My good friend Ernesto Lopez got me this in Guatemala this past Christmas and i wear it when i'm feeling sassy or particularly outgoing. also she's super comfy. 


I have one other fanny pack, it's huge and blue and it's called, "the YAK PACK". My nephew Caleb got it for me two Christmases ago and it is PERFECT for traveling. seriously. it has one billion compartments, a GIANT wide strap, it buckles AND has velcro. it's the best, ever. I don't have a picture of it though.

And, this past February i bought a purse. a reeeeeal purse. because i felt like i needed an option for the rare times when i was wearing a dress or an actual blouse instead of a t-shirt or an ugly sweater.


so yeah, those are my bags/fannys

and here is what i keep in my everyday fanny pack:


things i keep in every bag/fanny pack:

Deodorant, feminine products, hair things, gum, inhaler, a pen, chapstick, tissues and mascara. and a picture of the me with the person who gave me tht fanny pack. (in the above case, i keep a picture of my childhood best friends because this fanny pack reminds me of them, and high school and all that jazz. and the fanny pack from my dad has a picture of me with both my parents.) that way no matter which one i use, i have all the diddly do dads that i might need, no matter what. 

so my phone, my ketchup bottle, my temple recommend, and my camera, i transfer depending on the bag or fanny pack i choose for the day/event. 

also, each fanny pack/bag has an item specific to that bag based on the first place i took it. I included them all in the above picture.
my purse has this paper stack clip thing. long story.
Franny has my lucky penny from San Fransisco when i went to see Billy Elliot on stage. and my "smash" compliment book. for the spur of the moment note i need to leave, because a friend gave me a nice note on that trip. 
Charlie has my prom ticket 
Stal a stallion sticker
Pizza can't fit a special item, so the picture of me and zane will have to double.
Stan holds a rock from the summit of Limestone Peak in dear Hiko, Nevada.
Shakira a coupon from the Madera Thrift Store :)
and the Yak Pak, a rock from Montana (not it's inaugural event, but i was always forgetting to put one in it)

and there you have it, invisible internet friends. 
The inside of my fanny packs. 
and therefore my mind.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: