Monday, September 30, 2013

Families

You're probably sick of me posting churchy stuff.
i will never not post 'church stuff'.

I'm a Home and Family Studies Major, with an emphasis on professional preschool education.

AKA: the "I can't wait to be a mom" degree.

I am more excited now than i ever have been about school in my LIFE. because i'm learning everything that I want to learn and everything i know i will need. and i'm just really happy about it.
And since i go to a church school, I get to learn all the doctrine that goes hand in hand with my secular education.

I'm taking religion classes this semester, which is technically not allowed. ha. and the more i am taught in these classes, and the more i study the scriptures and words of prophets, the more i realize that this church is all about families. Everything. all of it. it all revolves around the fact that we are sons and daughters of God who wants us to return home to him. we're put in families so we can have help. we can have people to teach us, guide us, walk with us.

I'm grateful for my family. they're honestly the best people i know. I am so lucky to get to be with them forever. literally. and i could not be more in debt to them for helping me all along the way. I love them.












and that's all.


1 comment :

  1. We have like the same major... almost! Isn't studying families awesome?! I think it is great that you post about what you are learning about. I feel like I often want to shout everything I learn about families to like everyone... so I think it is great you are sharing what you are learning. Love you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: