Wednesday, October 22, 2014

bayonet

I am angry.

So mad that i feel sick to my stomach.

I guess more hurt than mad, actually.

I saw that a dear friend of mine had commented on a video about my church, i read the comments, expecting that this friend has defended my faith or something. i don't know.

but instead of anything positive or supportive, this person completely bashed my beliefs, and slandered my church.




I'm not unfamiliar with Anti-mormon hate. I've heard it my whole life, but this person is truly a dear old friend!

and i feel betrayed.



There are things that this person believes, things about their religion, that i don't agree with, or that see differently. but i would never, ever, ever use cruel language to describe those things. i would never demean things that this friend held sacred. I would never disrespect this person's values or practices, even if they were foreign to me.

But they did all of that.

An it's kind of tearing me into pieces.

mostly because i have always felt that this person and i, though we had vastly different religious beliefs, respected each other and our views. I have actually always felt comfortable talking about religion with this person because i felt like they respected my religion just like i knew they respected all other religions.

but this was not respectful at all and i want to cry because i feel so stabbed.


I guess i had hoped that because this person is also a strong Christian, they would be sticking up for my faith - which is also Christian.
instead, they smeared my beliefs like something gone rotten.


and i hate that they did that.
It's made an impossibly tight knot in my stomach.


The hardest part is knowing that i still love this person.

that hurts.

it hurts to love someone who has pierced you.

But if i don't forgive them, then i would be betraying my beliefs. I have to forgive this person because Jesus Christ would forgive them, and i am trying to be like Jesus Christ.
I hope i can forgive this person someday soon, because even more than i dislike that they slandered by religion, i dislike feeling angry at them for it.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: