Sunday, October 19, 2014

Reunion: hanging like bats



My favorite part of family gatherings are the unplanned parts, because we just talk and laugh (and sing, lol) and eat and catch up and it rocks. we had a lot of that time 

After the slot canyon, we went a splash pad thingy in town. so cute! and the kids had a MAJOR blast. i got to talk with my older sisters, so i was happy as a little lark. 



the big kids playing a ninja game that literally lasted all weekend.



most of our lounge time was at Katrina and Phillip's house. I loved hanging out with Lydia and Ryder, who i normally don't get to spend a ton of time with.

Lydia is practically perfect in every way.


I took this picture when Ryder was 'helping' me set up the tent that the twins slept in. he's the cutie in the blue. love that boy.


Saturday morning after we took family pictures (coming soon) we ate breakfast at a park near Katrina's house. as we were about to leave, i made Jonathan give me a piggyback ride. then, somehow, Derek talked us into doing a trio piggyback. Even my neice Katelyn was going to hop on top and make a quadruple piggy!


and then. 

I fell. 


INTO A PILE OF DOG POOP that i SWEAR was not there 3 seconds before i climbed



luckily, Katrina's house was very close by and i was able to easily wash my clothes. still gross. 

ONLY ME, PEOPLE.
(you can definitely count on a variation of that story being in mah book one day.)



in other news:

I literally could not stop gaping out windows at the mountains. ugh, so pretty. 


Derek brought his girl friend, Raycelan! SHE ROCKS. I'd met her over the summer when i lived in Provo, but the rest of the family gt to meet her the weekend we were all together. 
(ps we all majorly approve.)

 lots of Jenna snuggles happened.
my favorite little bear


naps also happened


 and i held a lot of babies. 
especially Maris, because she's just so squishy and yummy and cute. I ruv her elbow dimples. and these TINY FINGERS. kill me.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: