Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Baptism of my dear Katie Rose

My oldest niece, Katelyn, got baptized on the Fifth of July :)
the whole day was so sweet! and the next weekend Maris was blessed! 
i love my family and being around them in general, so that weekend was good.
enjoy this giant picture dump.

____________________

Have i already complained about how picasa will RANDOMLY RUIN MY PICTURES by making the contrast wonky? i didn't edit this picture at all, but when i uploaded it, HELLO CONTRAST EFFECT.
ugh. 
____________________

regardless, Rebecca, you are such a babe. 



a real nest in their tree, no big deal. 


before all the family got to the house, I overheard Whitney talking to Katie in thier bedroom, "I just can't believe you get to have Hansens AND Murrays TOGETHER for your baptism!!" too cute.

 Katelyn was so calm and adorable all day. I wrote this in my journal that night, 
"I sat next to Katrina, and Eric's sister Elizabeth during Kate's actual baptism. It was kind of chaotic and warm in the room, because there were so many people, but as soon as Eric started saying the prayer, he was all i heard. Katelyn was all i saw, and all i felt was peace. ...the past few times I've been able to visit with Katelyn I've just been impressed by her sweet spirit and how MATURE she's becoming! I still vividly remember how nervous i was when Rebecca put her in my arms for the first time and called me 'Aunt Melissa'. that picture split through my mind as Eric was praying, and i was overwhelmed with love for this sweet little girl ..."

"...after she came up out of the water, i swear she was glowing! She looked up at her dad with an impossibly adoring expression and they hugged each other tightly for a few seconds. I felt a tear spill onto my cheek as they embraced and Katelyn giggled and sighed, just plain happy. 
I was really grateful for Eric right then, too. He's such a good dad, and he and Rebecca are literally the closest thing to soul-mates I've ever seen."



there's this book series that i LOVE called, "The Work and the Glory". at one point in the story, the family all live on the same street corner, in several houses across the street, next door,  and kitty corner from each other. the people in town called it, "Steed Row". and i joke (but not really joke) about how much i would love that. 
I continued in my journal, 

"and you know? I've spent so much time hoping for a 'steed row' someday. To be in Zion with my family. 
but while Eric and Katelyn hugged in the font, I sat next to Katrina, knowing that my other siblings and family were all with me too, even if just in spirit, and i felt our little Steed Row. My heart swelled and i got a tiny taste of what i hope Heaven will be like. ..."

________________


 After the actual baptism, we gathered outside under a little pavilion for treats and, with a little persuading by yours truly, pictures :)

hey, Derek.

Hey, mountains. 

15/25
we missed, Donny & Christine, Allison & Kent, Jenae, and all the kiddos!


I love these people.


the grown up grandbaby with Grandpa Jamie and Grammy



hello, little darling. 


 I LOVE these two pictures!! Rebecca and Katelyn's personalities are so similar in my opinion, and they look so alike, and they're both such beautiful souls. 




 haha
 #onnomnom
those chocolate covered strawberries, though.


I took a picture with Katelyn, and then Whitney jumped in, and I love that Katelyn didn't even mind :)




cuties.

mom, looking like a professional model:

and then i forced all my siblings into a little photoshoot, haha. Derek graciously took the following pictures






I'm just really glad that those exist. 
real real glad. 

and now the best part. the selfie fest. enjoy 5/8 beautiful Hansen children in spectacular technicolor!







the glasses glare is real, y'all.

 golly, i love my family. I'm going to do every single thing possible so that i can be with them for a very long ever. happy happy joy joy.







1 comment :

  1. Melissa. I am really good at getting caught up in your blog when I should be going to sleep. :) anyway, I love your pictures and commentary, you made my hair look AMAZING, and that photo-bomb of Whitney's is SO classic and makes me laugh so hard, I keep looking at it! Also Steed Row has always been my dream too!! But it has become more of a spiritual thing than a physical one, kind of like you described. And I am proud of you for always striving to be better. College is a lonely, lonely time, even when you do spend more than 4 months at a time in one place. And you are handling it well- by becoming more reliant on the Lord and yourself for happiness than on people.....anyway that's all.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: