Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Fourth of July

""I see...the moon"
"look again"
"I see...me and the moon"
- from 'the Other side of Heaven'  i think of that line a lot when i see the moon for some reason,
 "me and the moon."


on the actual fourth, My family was in town for my oldest niece's baptism (to be documented soon)
So Jonathan joined me at McDonald's and a great catch-up session.
then he, Derek and I joined my oldest sister Rebecca, her family, and my Dad at a park to watch the Fireworks!



I LOVE that Rebecca's family is into Tootsie Pops, too. 
mah fav suckers, in case you were wondering. 


 ahahaha. hey, pops. 

My favorite part of every fourth of July is hearing my dad sigh at the end of the firework show. He LOVES fireworks. i'm glad that he passed that onto me. I love the way the whole sky changes color and the looks of rapture on everyone's faces. I love when you can feel the boom right. in. your. chest. and the sense of... togetherness? unity? Zion? that comes in afterward. like we all just participated in something magical together. because we did.  



Derek made the insight, "I think it's cool that today, there are TV shows and movies and all kinds of enticing things going on inside. But we all, practically this whole town, are outside, watching Fireworks instead. I love that! We are choosing to be out here instead."

the night was full of general fun and laughter. and all of us holding baby Maris. who is my favorite chubby tiny thing ever. how did she fill such a giant place in my heart that i didn't even know i had?! that's how i feel with each soul that joins our family. I meet them, and my head kind of pops open this door that was hidden until now. and i go, "oh. duh. you belong here with us. I love you."


When did Owen get so old??








  

 

 I love the feeling of America!
and I love my Family!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: