Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amador Sunday

A year ago today i was the state drama competition in Amador, California. I woke up on Sunday morning content. I'd just won best two person scene in state, I was having a ton of fun with my friends but there was a lot going on around me that was just bad. awful, really. I mean, I'm sure you can imagine all the things that happen when a bunch of drama kids stay at a hotel on the weekend on April 20...
Anyway, as soon as i actually opened my eyes, i felt sick. 
It was a Sunday  and i was away from home but the year before i had coerced my director into driving me a mile to the closest LDS chapel. 

a separate tender mercy? that there was an LDS chapel a mile away from our hotel.  

My cousin Teddy was there at the hotel with me senior year, she was a junior. And again our director agreed to drive us to church. I was grumpy because I had to wake up early and i was emotionally drained from the weekend and just everything that had been going on. I grumbled. But we got to the church building, walked inside and immediately i was at peace. It was like all my worries melted away at the door. 

The people were kind, they came up and talked to us, introducing themselves and wishing us a happy Sabbath. They sang my favorite song as the opening hymn. The Sacrament was passed and while we all sat together quietly, i was so grateful. so full. I prayed in my head, thanking Heavenly Father for this congregation and for this chapel. For the church and His gospel. And for Teddy, because she made the whole experience more tender. I love that cousin of mine. 

I just thought of that this morning. And i was grateful for the remembrance of something good. because today was really rough. being away is really rough. 

Also I'm reading "Heaven is Here" a memoir of Stephanie Nielson, my hero. If you haven't heard of her, look her up. honestly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: