Friday, April 19, 2013

In the Heights


Madera South High School just closed their production of the Tony-award winning musical, "In the Heights". It was fantastic. So fantastic, that i literally went to all but one showing. 
I saw the play nine times and never got tired of it. In fact i enjoyed more each trip.



I love people. I think that's one of my God given skills, loving things intensely. It's a burden sometimes actually. To be so passionate and to be so emotionally invested in people. Because it happens fast and sometimes that scares people away. But i love having moments with people that knit us closer together. moments that i think back a lot. 
I am passionate about people. 
The ones that i love, i Love
And the ones that i don't, i don't. 
like many other things about me, there is not really an in between. 


It was strange going back to my high school and not being on stage with my friends. It was weird not knowing all the lines at the beginning and not belting out the songs with them.

It was gratifying however to see my friends on stage. I loved seeing them so excited about theater and i loved watching them perform so effortlessly. Especially Eric and Taylor. because I've never seen them in a big role before and i was just so proud of them! I felt like a big sister, and I know that's cheesy but i see them as like my little brothers. they're adorable and fun and i love them like little brothers, so it was really happy seeing them doing so well on stage.

Over the course of the show I went with a lot of different people; My sisters, my old friends who graduated a year or two before me, friends who are current but i haven't seen because i was in Idaho, and current friends. like i said, i love my friends.






Brief comment:
WHY ARE DOMINIC AND JANELLE THE PERFECT COUPLE.












I'm so proud of the cast! I felt like i wasn't cool enough to be around them hahaha. They were incredible and  honestly? I hope Ellie, Eric and Christina allllllll sent tapes to dang Broadway because they were phenomenal. Ellie was FLAWLESS. every. night.
I love the whole cast, though. I LOVE THEM ALL, OKAY
this is my favorite song from the show:

"Alabanza"

ooooo Christina's voice a capella. so good.






Seriously Ellie, you're perfect.
\this is her solo:





cousin Teddy Bear













Taylor Beakes is one of my favorite people in the entire world. deal with it.








Also? shout out to Brandon Giles for the AMAZING set. Damon the dancing was so intricate and perfect for the show!  seriously how many high school shows have you seen that look this good?





And? Joel Presley is my hero. and Jared Hughes. the vocals in this show were brilliant! really though, this did not sound like high school kids.



I love "In the Heights"
I love theatre.
I love Mrs. Ginger Latimer who makes it all happen. she's a fantastic director. In the Heights was her Sixty eighth production here. How incredible. I LOVE her.

and that's it.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: