Wednesday, April 10, 2013

spigot


We live right in between two fields. Some couple who lives in England owns the lots to the left and right of us, but not ours. 
?
I am forever grateful to this nameless faceless European couple for not caring about their land other than sending someone to cut down the weeds each summer to prevent wildfires.
These fields provided literally COUNTLESS hours of play growing up. seeing Natalie and Caleb run and hide and create and dig in the same fields makes me really happy.

The other day i took them to the secret spigot. a random water spout in the farthest corner of the field to our left. i don't know why it's there, but it saved me many a hot summer afternoon. It was probably just as far to go to the kitchen for a drink, but tromping through tall weeds is way more fun, so yeah.






that wink. kill me dead.


 I don't know if Caleb is too young, but i hope Natalie remembers living here in ten years. I hope she never forgets running around in Grammy's fields or visiting grandpa Jamie out at the vineyard. I hope she never forgets all our seemingly pointless but very meaningful little chats.
I want her to remember me painting with her and calling her a jumping bean and taking pictures of every little thing she does. I just want them to remember how much i loved them.



I have been feeling a lot lately like my time is running out. I don't know if that makes sense. It's probably just because i'm starting school again. I've just been trying to like, i don't know, tell everyone everything. I just want everyone to know. That i love them, that i want the best for them, that i think about them. That there is SO much good in the world, and it's really easy to see.... excuse me for a second while i go buy some tie dye and some John Lennon glasses. peace, love, granola.
But really, I just have this crazy strong desire to shout at random people at the street, 
"DO YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY?! I'M HAPPY!!  LET ME TELL YOU WHY I'M HAPPY! I CAN SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN BE HAPPIER" 
but that sounds really creepy and the strangeness is only amplified when i yell it out of a car window. And people don't really like it when you tell them that Jesus is the answer to all of their problems.
But really, I've just been bursting lately. And I have no idea why. (that's a lie. I know exactly why, it's because of my journal. but that my friends is a post that is sitting and waiting to be published on the 30th of April.) I just want everyone to be happy, dang it. 


*off my soapbox*

back to the field....
We had a blast.



I go back to Rexburg in 6 days. 
I never want to leave these kids. never ever. they drive me absolutely insane some days.
But then there are those rose colored moments that erase all the crazy.
sigh.
I love them.
Not pictured? Jenna Bear. WALKING. 
yeah, she walks. like six steps at a time, but hey she WALKS! 
On Sunday I looked her straight in the eye and said, "dewwa, you have to walk before i leave!"
she giggled, like usual.
then Monday night during family home evening what does she do?
Walk. seven whole steps. and when they called me out to show me, she walked some more. I said, "Jenna you did it! Yay!"
she just smirked. like, "well, duh aunt melissa."

hap hap happy, i tell ya.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: