Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dad

I'm just missing my dad today. mostly because we watched Father of the bride.
gets me every time.
and it just got me thinking about him.
How he smells like the vineyard's dirt when he gets home from work and i hug him and he says, "sorry, i''m all smelly" and i just laugh because i love the smell of the dirt at the vineyard.

and i miss his protectiveness
and the way that he tucks the bill of his hat into his back pocket. and his crazy ties and his laugh and his cracked thumbs. 
every once and a while i'll wear a hat or eat some raisins i think of him. Love him. miss him. wish i was going home for thanksgiving.

2 comments :

  1. Love this. You do have a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MELISSA! THank goodness I will see you on Friday, because there is not enough time for me to type all my comments to all your posts, and I'm still like a week behind!! I love the Samwise quote, I want the CD of 99 classics (partly because I"ll enjoy them and partly because I want to feel cultured...), I love your movies post but I haven't seen one of them I think! and we rented Premonition once and turned it off after a while, too freaky! Also I love the boys list, most of them were news to me haha! and I have an old notebook where I wrote every boy I liked and who liked me, it's hilarious. And I'm out of time. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: