Thursday, November 8, 2012

Laughing

Yesterday in my Family Proclamation class we were talking about being friends with your kids while not letting them walk all over you. among many good things that were discussed, one boy said he knew his mom was his friend because real friends tell you the truth even when you don't want to hear it. and he told us that he hated it when his mom would say what was right instead of what was easy but now looking back he respects her so much more for it. A girl said she knew her mom was a real friend because even though they argued every once and awhile, they could laugh together. She told us that she was adopted and all her foster homes were sad, and the moms didn't laugh because they were so stressed out. Then she was placed in her current family's home where the mom played and laughed with the kids. The girl said she hadn't really ever laughed before that. and she was so grateful that those parents chose to adopt her because they taught her how to laugh. they were happy.

I had never ever thought about moms not laughing with their kids. My mom and i have literally stayed up until one in the morning talking and laughing. And even though i was a brat and fought with her over stupid things, I'm grateful that she and my Dad have ridiculously fun senses of humor. and I'm grateful that they taught me how to laugh, because I love to laugh. 
and I'm grateful that my siblings and i get along so well and laugh so often.

I love them.

Derek, Allison and Rebecca have these beautiful "big smile laughs" where you can't tell if they're smiling really big or laughing.
and the rest of us have the hyena thing going, we're great.

1 comment :

  1. so sweet, I do enjoy laughing with you! It's one of the things I do enjoy with our family and singing too.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: