Monday, November 12, 2012

Fighting For


"'Tis like the great stories Mr.Frodo, The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were! And sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back in the way it was when so much bad happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing. This shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come. and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stay with you, That meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But i think Mr.Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turnin' back - only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding onto something."
"What are we holding onto Sam?"
"That there is some good in this world Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

- Sam and Frodo The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
J.R.R. Tolkien 1954


I have a lot of things to fight for. 

My family, my religion, my freedom. The list could go on and on. 
The point is that when you really think about it, your list of blessing far outweighs the inconveniences. and all the struggles and all the disappointment? They don't have to matter. 'It's a passing thing.'


I'm grateful for my dad's job. because even though it keeps him away for long days, it's gives me the opportunity to serve people all across the world. It gives me the chance to serve God. I'm grateful those mean girls who made fun of me for wearing purple corduroys in second grade. because they helped me keep the three best friends anyone could ask for. I'm grateful for the jerkfaces i liked because they led me to some really great guys who started out as crushes but became close friends. I'm grateful that i live so far away from Brandon, because I just know that the first time he bakes me cookies after such a long time apart, they are literally going to be the best things ever. I''m thankful for the loneliness i felt before Junior year, because it drove me to my knees. I'm thankful for the assistant director who hated me openly, because he taught me patience. I'm grateful for the girl whose life goal was to make me miserable for no reason for 6 years, because she taught me charity. I'm grateful for Jes, Oscar, Mona and Mallorie, because they taught me not to judge and became some of my best friends. I'm thankful for Matthew chapter 5 because it changed my life forever. I'm grateful for Jay because he helped me realize what i don't and consequently do want in my future. I'm grateful that I'm far away from my home and friends, because it only makes me love them more. I'm grateful that Jenae teases me, because it makes me laugh. I'm thankful for the cold, because even though my hair literally froze into icicles last night, it makes me appreciate my cozy dorm and my warm blankets and helps me respect pioneers who had nothing and crossed the plains in the snow to settle the west. 

and that huge paragraph is only the first things that came to my head.  and sorry or the semi deep post, but i just noticed a million little good things today. I bet you there's a lot more hidden blessings in your life than you think. 
there is good in everything.

There is good in my world, and it is worth fighting for.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: