Saturday, November 24, 2012

We're Crazy


First of all, Id just like to say that moments ago i registered for google wallet. Das right y'all. I'm payin fo mah own dang blog. I have to, or else i can't keep posting, and I'm pretty addicted, so I guess I'll pay $2.50 a month to rant and muse and tell stories to my invisible internet friends. 
I'm okay with that. 
You might start seein ads, thas all i'm sayin

anyway

I rave about my family often. I love 'em. what I love about my family the most is that we're just so WILD! we have so many crazy traditions, some are so normal to me that i don't even notice they're abnormal until a friend points them out. like I said, I love us.

I tried to find pictures of me doing crazy things with each of my immediate family members. I couldn't find one fr me and Rebecca  probably because she moved away to college when i was six and got married when i was nine haha. since then, we totally have done goofy things, I'm sure. Rebecca? any memories of us? Rebecca deserves her own post. she shall have one soon!
anyway, 
I thought me being so young at my oldest sister's wedding was crazy, in a good way. still counts.
This is me and Rebecca, December 30, 2003, right?


Allison, oh Allison. hahaha She and I are crazy together because we are so alike. 
there is an ongoing debate regarding the photo below. I swear she was the one who scribbled on me. She swears that she didn't. she probably didn't, she would have been like 15, she would have known better than to scribble on a 4 year old's face.

Katrina was in high school when i was still young, and she left for college when i was like nine or so, and then she served a mission and got married. The craziest thing a remember about Katrina, and she'll die that I'm immortalizing this on the Internet.
My Dad always went to scout camp, and we would stay at 'family camp' on the other side of the hill. one year we visited my dad while he was at camp, and it seems like we were at church or something but i just remember that someone was praying. and i was laying with my head in Katrina's lap. i opened my eyes and she opened hers. I don't remember why she started dangling spit above me, but she did. I was pretty young, so she was too, so don't judge her hahaha.
But she started dangling spit above my face, and i would squirm and she would suck it back into her mouth. well, someone was praying, so i couldn't scream for her to stop. And she was holding me down, she was strong. so i kind of had to just lay there and let it happen to me. hahaha
well one of the danglers of spit didn't make it back into her mouth when she tried to slurp it back. And it fell right into my open mouth. and i yelped. because it was disgusting. and she stifled a laugh and put her hand over my mouth. i have no idea what happened after that but i will always remember looking up at her face, utterly repulsed that her spit had just dropped into my mouth, and feeling her hand over my mouth while i was trying to yell, ad her eyes squeezed shut, her other hand over her own mouth, because she was dying laughing. and she had short hair and I love her laugh.
and i hope i wasn't too mad at her, because if it had been me accidentally spitting into Jenae's mouth, i would have thought it was hilarious. so I get you, Katrina. hahaha


Donny! This is right after my first lead in a play. I was Peter Ivonovitch Bobchinsky in nikolai Gogol's, "The Government Inspector" my sophomore year of high school. pretty hilarious if i do say so myself. anyway, Donny was also a theatre kid. well, all of us are/were. ha. Donny is wild, and he lived at home for a year or so after his mission, which was good, because then we got to be a lot closer and we did tons of fun things. Donny was the first (and so far only) sibling that i really was involved for the whole meeting of the spouse. I remember one day I was stalking  a cute boy on Facebook and I showed Donny his picture. Donny was like, "You wanna see my current crush? I saw her at a bonfire, and we danced at a YSA dance last weekend. Her name is Christine Godfrey..." He showed me her profile, we clicked through all her pictures and ooh'd ad ahh'd at her. i silently deemed her worthy of my brother when he came from their first date absolutely smitten. It was so cute to see him planning little things to do for her, hearing him talk about her and fall in love with her. I screamed when he told me he kissed her, and then they went up to school and i stalked them on facebook. When they came home in the winter and she was over once a week i knew it was only a matter of time. and sure enough one day while i was watching a movie with my best friend, my phone rang and an excited Donny was on the other end telling me how he proposed. and their wedding was darling and perfect and so happy! And they're living happily ever after! 
that whole thing was crazy for me, meeting the girl of his dreams, welcoming her into the family, i loved it! That's my favorite crazy memory with Donny, because it was the best kind of crazy.



Oh hey Derek, 
Too many crazy things to count. it might sound weird but some of my favorite memories with him are driving to places. screaming songs as loud as possible, driving really fast down windy rounds, talking about nothing and everything. laughing about nothing and everything. our spontaneous trip to the beach this summer, talking about boys. and girls. our fanny packs and thrifting. 
The photo below was taken this summer at our friend Heather's graduation. there were literally thousands of people that we had to sift through, and we were just not finding her. So i climbed on Derek's six foot tall shoulders. we became a ten foot tall watch tower and we found her almost right away. Our friend Leah took the picture. Derek does crazy things without even realizing it, they're just him. so when we do crazy things, it doesn't seem so crazy, you know what i mean? 


Jonathan is a lot calmer than me. and he's so goofy, I love him. this picture was after a paint capture the flag activity we did for church. It was pretty fun. Jonathan have done some pretty weird things haha. we would stay up all night waiting for old tv shows to come on, sneak out to the living room and turn the volume almost all the way down to watch them. and everything was funnier at 3 in the morning as a nine year old. and i remember one night we all decided to sleep on the trampoline, but Derek and Jenae didn't want to because it was pretty cold, So Jonathan stayed out. to prove we were tough or something. we ended up going inside, it was freezing. that's not even crazy.
I'm sad that i can't remember more from when I was little. 
I think it's crazy that He and I have been communicating so well lately. we've actually talked. about more than our nieces or star wars. we walk to Donny's for dinner or to the grocery store and we talk. and it's nice.


Oh Jenae...
literally, what crazy thing haven't we done?
I stinkin miss my weasel, guys. I'm glad that even though i verbally abused her most of our childhood with names like, poo poo face, poophead, weasel, rat, devil, bratty brat brat brat, wed-betting turtle and pee sheets, we're still best buds. I had a song that i would sing to her late at night when we were trying to sleep, or whenever she was making me really angry. it went something like, "Jenae pees in the bed and poops in the couch and she looks like a turtle when she cries. she pees in the bed and poops on the couch and she LOOKS LIKE A TURTLE WHEN SHEEEEEE CRRRIIIIIIIEEEEESSSS."
I was so pleasant as a child.
anyway, I'm glad that's over.
I'm also glad that she's like my best friend. II literally have not told a soul other than my baby sister. hahaha.
She drives me absolutely inSANE some days. most days. but then there are those priceless, perfect days when we make movies or skits or songs and we laugh and talk and cry and yell and sing and somehow, become closer from it all. One time she told a boy that i thought he was cute, and i was SO mad. because i hadn't told anyone else. ad she made me an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies and wrote me an apology  note and hid them in the file cabinet where i put my fanny pack in the dressing rooms backstage. she didn't even have to do that, but she did. and sometimes she scares me with how well she knows me. and she's getting so pretty, i just want to build a fence around her to keep all the riff raff out. i am the only one who is allowed to hurt my sister. hahaha.
I love her.

Oh Dad, he's wild. haha. we do crazy things. he does crazy things. we all get our crazy from pops. Here he is telling my friend Aaron to stay sober in college. which i believe i mentioned several times already. haha i still think it's hilarious. But hey, all my friends love my dad, especially the football players. because of his game day grapes and his undying stallion pride. I think sometimes he alllllmost has more Madera South spirit than i do if you can imagine that.


And then there's my momma. she's crazy too. she and I are pretty much best friends. bu not in the "Mean Girls" sense. heck no. My mom is my best friend because she has raised me well and hard, and disciplined me right. and taught me everything she knows. And She had become my friend because of years of respect and love and work, not because she gives me everything  want. because trust me, she's one of those wishy washies who spoils her daughters rotten.
anyway, the day before my graduation practice she showed me how to make these hats that her father often made. She showed me so that i could have a hat to wear at the practice, because i didn't want to get sunburn, but we weren't allowed to bring anything bigger than a piece of paper. i should have worn a dang bonnet. anyway, my mom is wild too. man i love her.


My family is crazy. we do weird dances, we know every word to every Disney song ever, we make the best skits at family reunions, we are loud and big and crazy. we get way too into The Biggest Loser, we have our own Holiday and we I don't think i have ever sung the real version of "Frosty the Snowman" in my entire life. 
But we go together like pizza and carrot sticks. 
Jack Kelly and the Newsies
Mr.White and the Oneders

I love my family.
I love that I get to be with them forever

2 comments :

  1. trying and failing to think of something crazy we've done together! Because most of our relationship has been in little snippets of family get-togethers, or long-distance like this! And I have become les and less spontaneous as time goes by! But I love that what you and Derek and Jonathan and Jenae have, I have with Allison and somewhat Katrina. The silly sister activities/fighting, and all the good driving memories. So we have that in common. And I LOVE that last picture, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: