Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

I'm sure you've seen dozens of these by now. But i am more than happy to hop on the band wagon for this one, because i love cliche things.

ready for the longest blog post ever? sweet because here it is in list form. I am SO so thankful for:

- My AMAZING family. they are literally the best people, and i feel like everyone says that about their own families but really, my family is incredible and i love how close we are. I love that we are protective of each other. I love that we have inside jokes that are too obscure for anyone to ever understand. I love our name, I love our heritage i love our traditions. 
I just love us.

-The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Really. It is my whole life. everything i do, everything i want to become, it's all for Him. I love everything about His gospel and His church. my church. Because I believe it is one in the same. There comes a point when you have so much faith in something that it is no longer believing, It's knowing. I know i belong to Christ's church. I know He loves me and died for me and was resurrected for me. I know He lives. I know He is God's Son.
I know it, I live it, I love it!

-teachers. Mine have been fantastic over the years. And I'm grateful for my college professors who give up SO much time to teach here. 

-my school. I explained this today at dinner when we were all going around saying what we were thankful for. I LOVE this school. I love everything about it. even the Honor Code. Especially the Honor Code! I love the atmosphere and the people and the campus and Idaho and my classes...I just love BYUI. I'm so thankful for all the members whose tithing helps to fund it. and I'm actually grateful that it's so far away. It's helped me learn A LOT about myself.

-enough food to eat

- a safe warm dorm room apartment with a heater

- good coats (holla at Allison at Katrina for those. without them, i'd prolly be dead.)

-All the wonderful people back home who gave me scholarships in June, because I'd be dead without those as well. ha. But really, I was blessed in the financial aid department of my schooling.

-I'm just happy for Thanksgiving! what a wonderful Holiday! too bad it's attitude and feeling has to be ruined by crazy black Friday. oh well. everyone likes saving money i guess.

-Also? I'm grateful for the Christmas lights that My roommate is bringing home from Montana to light up our window every night. I'm so happy to be here.


tonight was great. Derek came up from Provo to spend Thanksgiving wiht Donny, Christine, Jonathan and I. Two of Christine's cousins and their roommate joined us as well. I would just like to point our that Christine is only a year older than me and she flawlessly executed a perfect Thanksgiving dinner. 
There was SO. MUCH. FOOD.
and laughing, lots of laughing. 
My borthers are pretty much the coolest people on the planet, so when all three of them are together in a room, It's just a non-stop party. I'm SO excited to see our sister Rebecca and her family tomorrow!


Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: