Monday, November 26, 2012

Les Miserables

You guys, i have a confession.


a couple weeks ago my teacher was all, "you guys get to read Les Mis soon! woopee!"
I wanted to kill myself. 1400 pages in eleven days? nope.
so i cheated and got the abridged version. there are five sections in the book. and for each section, i had to write a journal. analyzing the character, symbols, diction, and so on. I HATED it.
finally, at like midnight when i decided to read first and fill our the forms later, i just start flipping through pages.
I FLIPPING LOVE THAT BOOK.
most definitely blasted it's way into my top five favorite books. (allllllllmost reached Harry Potter level, guys.)
pretty dang wild. I literally cried at the end. granted it was like three in the morning, but it was still awful and wonderful and GAH why can't people write like that anymore?

I would also like to inform you that i will most definitely be one of those annoying girls raving about it on facebook all the time and posting every new update and going to the midnight premier. MOOooooost definitely. but i wasn't going to be one of those because i had only the seen the 25th anniversary of the musical two years ago. (holla at Marissa for taking me as a super early birthday gift haha) anyway, now i feel i have earned the right to be overly excited about it.
also i hate cosette 80% of the time.
also i cheered out loud when Javert died.
and was i the only one who thought Marius' obsession with a fifteen year old girl was a little bit weird?
but whatever, it was different back then, okay? and it was beautiful, dang it!

I have a bad habit of claiming that i hate books, almost refusing to read them and then loving them to pieces. this was absolutely one of them and if you haven't read it already, READ IT NOW. It's worth the 400+ pages of the unabridged version atleast.
I've been going crazy about it all day. and singing to myself. and Mallorie was like, "What is it about?" so I said, "It's kind of about a family during the french revolution." then i said, "well, it;s really about a convict during that time, and everything that happens in his life." she thought i was done. HA.

I went on to give a literally seventeen minute explanation (extensive summary) of the plot, the twists, the characters, needless to say, she almost died from boredom because she had no idea what i was talking about. taha.

ANYWAY,
I LOVE LES MISERABLES.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: