Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sister Holden (pt.2)

I have like 50 posts saved up because i didnt want to post too much. But I'm paying $3 a month for tihs. you suck, google. But anyway. Imma post as much as i want! deal wif et!



so.
Janelle got her mission call. on sunday. well technically Saturday  but no one checked their mailbox until sunday. We stayed after church for choir, and then i'd driven all the way home and started to help my dad with dinner when Janelle called me:
Janelle: Hey, where'd you go?
Me: oh, I'm already home, are you guys doing something?
Her: well actually, I'm holding my mission call right now
me: WHAT?! are you serious?!
Her: Yes! I'm holding it RIGHT NOW!
Me: okay, I'm leaving, I'm coming.


done. It was the fastest i've ever gotten to her house. ever. 20 minutes compared to the usual 35, but i SWEAR i was going the speed limit...
and i cried the whole way there, because I love Janelle, and I'm going to miss her, but i am SO proud of her.

We waited for all her family to come, and then she opened it.


and she's going to BRAZIL. she gets to go to the Brazil MTC, too. She'll speak Portuguese and she leaves in August. which is forever from now. But also so soon.



It still hasn't sunken in yet. 
She is SO excited, as made apparent from these pictures, haha.
I'm too happy for her to describe. She's such an example, and I absolutely love her.
for so many reasons, this just being the most recent one: that she has willingly chosen to give up 18 months of her life and pay her own way so that she can go to Brazil and serve the Lord by teaching and helping His people live happier, better, more fulfilling lives.
I love missionaries.
they're incredible.


Congratulations, girl!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: