Friday, March 8, 2013

Breven

I felt like being Taylor Swift and telling you about every boy i've ever dated, so i decided to do a little series. It's called, "the two boys i officially dated, and the three i kind of dated." get used to it. But don't worry, there's only 5...maybe that sounds like a lot. only two were fo real. these 5 boys are the ones who i legitimately liked. remember that really awkward "boy" post a couple months ago? well in there i mentioned that i had only actually really liked  7 guys. well two of them were Nolan and Brandon, both of whom i never went on a date with. so these are the five that i did go on dates with. and even out of these five, i only actually DATED 2. like actually dated. like, called them my boyfriend, dated. and I'm gonna tell y'all the good and the bad things. and to the boys who these posts are about? you should have known that this would happen one day. 




So meet Breven.

we met in sixth grade. became friends in 7th grade when we had every class together.
liked him in 8th grade. 
started dating in September of 2008, the very beginning of freshman year.

I know, we were babies, and stupid, and way too young to be dating, and stupid, and babies. and stupid.



At the beginning, it was just fun. because we were already best friends. and we hung out all the time because we both played Water polo. and then Derek's best friend Landon saw us kiss at a football game. awkward TO THE MAX. obviously, Landon black mailed me forEVER threatening to tell Derek if i didn't do everything he said. ha. anyway, I'm sure Landon told Derek right away anyway, because Derek totally knew. I'm sure he told my mom, too, because she knew. but pretended she didn't because she wanted me to tell her. but i just lied to her face everyday for nearly two years.


That was the thing with Breven. He was my best friend, and he got along with my girl best friends, but i lied a lot while i was with him. to my parents, and my friends and to Nolan, which ended up in me and Nolan not really being friends anymore, which sucks.
I thought Breven was worth it.
he wasn't. no offense, dawg. But it really wasn't worth sneaking behind everyone's back.


He cheated on me, Sorry Brev, spillin yo secrets.
 subsequently, I tried to be really cute and girly to impress him all the time. didn't work.
I talked him into doing "Willy Wonka" with me, and he hated staying late for rehearsals. hahaha. it was great. Also Breven, I lied. I DID like Nolan. a lot. 
sorry you had to find out years later, over the internet. 


He hated that i was friends with his older brother. and he hated that my 3 best friends were boys. I hated that  his church was super anti-mormon and that his girl friends were rude to me. 
we were literally the typical high school stupid annoying couple. breaking up once a month. claiming that we "loved" each other, but i mean come on we were 15, what the heck did we know? we were jealous and easily upset and way too comfortable with each other. There is a reason why my parents and my church council youth not to date until you're 16. and even then, not to go steady with anyone during high school. Not only does it increase your likelihood of becoming sexually active before marriage, but it's just emotionally taxing! when you're that young, you don't know how to communicate, or treat people properly or balance a relationship. you have no clue what you're doing, and in the end you get hurt. it's really, truly not worth it.




on our first date, I peed my pants at the restaurant because i laughed so hard. I don't think he ever knew that until now. oh well.


This is our water polo coach. I love him. coach Ross. like i said, we both played water polo. and we were both # 9. but just to make it clear, i was # 9 first. it's always been my favorite number, because my birthday is may 9th. and 9 really is lucky for me. on 9-9-09 I had a water polo game, I wore # 9, i made 9 goals and we won and i felt sooo cool. anyway...


 this picture is from the night we broke up. we were painting a sheet, making a mural i guess. I'm not going into details, but it was just a bad situation, and the next morning, he ended things. I was devastated for a long time, then one day i woke up and i literally could hear birds singing, and I was just like, "why in the heck am i still sad?" and the next week was girls camp, and after that i was never sad about him again. which is good. because our relationship was a joke.


 I hated him for a long, long time, though i tried not to act like it.

 Now we're friends. It's been almost three years since we broke up. He's a Marine, and he may or may not be a mormon.... Ohhhh the irony. He's also engaged. I sent a couple issues of The Ensign and a letter the other day. He's stationed in southern California. And maybe I'll invite him to my wedding. when i have one. far in the future. or maybe he'll just see pictures on Facebook.
whatevs. 
thanks for the memories Breven. mostly for fueling my hatred of Twilight and introducing me to Jimmy Kimmel. and you're welcome for the times that i forced you to read the hunger games and Harry Potter, because those are now your favorite series. Oh and thank you for Nevershoutnever. 


and just so everyone can judge me, our song was "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by Keith Urban

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: