Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wait listed

Aside from being the story of my life lately, wait listed refers to my spring semester classes. Because i'm only actually signed up for two. For the rest, i am wait listed.
I am very impatient. VERY. impatient.
It's a sickness.


Today I was in San Jose with Mallorie. My room mate has been visiting for the past week from Montana and we took her back to the airport today. On the drive home, We listened to the High School Musical 3 soundtrack and it made me miss Derek and Jonathan.
I took Caleb and Natalie out for Wendy's Frostys when i got home. I got to see like 3 minutes of Jenae's track meet before i whisked her off to rehearsal. Nolan Hutchings is home from his mission in Russia and i don't know how to feel about it. I love driving. I was invited to Yosemite today and it made me happy. I'm not good at being subtle. Also I saw Brandon dang Allen Paul yesterday for the first time since Christmas. It was happy. you never realize how badly you miss your best friend until you're eating cookies in his kitchen like usual, and you remember that this is how it is now. Seeing each other every six months for an hour or two. It's sad, really.

Anyway, the point of this post is that since December, I have just felt like i'm just waiting. I'm still not 100% sure that i know what I'm even waiting for. But I'm waiting. it's frustrating, and humbling. also it's given me the perfect circumstances to figure out what i truly want for myself. For my life. and stuff.


Remember when i read "Les Mis" back in November and I fell in love with it?

Yeah, well about a month ago i re-read it. it was even better the second time. and here are three completely separate, independent quotes that have almost nothing to do with the things mentioned in this post, but almost everything to do with my life right now:



1. "In all his trials he felt encouraged and sometimes even upbourne by a secret force within."
-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables {1961 Robinson abridged version} pg.184


2. "They remained on the same terms on both sides, without attempting a reconciliation, and without seeking to meet. And, indeed, what was the use of meeting? To come in conflict?"
-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables {1961 Robinson abridged version} pg.185


3. "The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only."
-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables {1961 Robinson abridged version} pg.253




dissect as you will.
ALSO.
Today was a good day.
and Danni won the Biggest Loser, so my life is complete.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Love Notes: